My absolute favorite skin care products
When I find skin care products I love, I am loyal for life. Our skin isn't getting any younger, so it's important to take care of it and be proactive starting yesterday. You may have noticed some laugh lines developing, and that's natural (you shouldn't be upset that you've smiled so much), but it's still good practice to take care of your skin regardless.
Above are my favorite skin care products, and below you'll find further info!
1. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. This is sensitive enough to be used daily (twice daily) and safe for all skin types! $10.39 at Target
2. Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub. This exfoliating scrub is safe to use twice per week. My skin feels incredibly soft after I use this, and if I have a blemish before using it, the blemish is gone by the next day or within two days. $28 at Sephora (Great value; a little bit goes a long way.)
3. Exuviance Blemish Treatment Gel. My husband and I both swear by this product. If I break out, I apply a small abount to the blemish and let it sit overnight (after washing my face and applying moisturizer), then I wash my face again in the morning. It dries the blemish out quickly, and it eradicates or minimizes the appearance of scarring. Again, a little bit goes a long way, and this is an incredible value. Currently $18.75 (25 percent off) on LovelySkin.com. Can also be found at Ulta for $25.
4. Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes. I've tried my fair share of makeup removers, from the creams, to Clinique Take the Day Off, but nothing works as well for me as these wipes. They're gentle, soft, they smell great and they get the job done. Make sure you wash your face in addition to using these wipes, though. $6.45 at Target
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Face Moisturizer with SPF 15. I've been using this one for years. You don't need to break the bank to find a good moisturizer. This does everything those fancy schmancy moisturizers do, at half the cost. $13.99 on Drugstore.com
6. Aveeno Positively Ageless Lifting & Firming Eye Cream. Hey, Aveeno spree. I obviously love Aveeno products. I use this twice daily: after I moisturize both in the morning and evening. Soon enough I will wake up like this. Find it at Target for $14.19.
7. Puff Off by Benefit. This is a new addition to my skin-care routine, but an important one nonetheless. I always knew of Benefit, but I didn't try it out until I moved to SF, and I am in LOVE with everything (review of other products coming soon). Why do I use Puff Off when I use eye cream, too? This is a bit different. While the Aveeno product is meant to treat wrinkles and such, this is meant to minimize the appearance of puffiness and creases around and under the eyes. I apply Puff Off after I wash, moisturize and apply my eye cream, and before I apply makeup. $29 at Sephora
What skin care products do you swear by?