My New Skincare Obsession: Ole Henriksen
Ole Henriksen isn't new to my skincare routine. I started with the Walnut Complexion Scrub back in August, and because I saw so much success with that product, I've slowly eased into more Ole Henriksen products. I think that's the best way to experiment with new brands. If you see incredible results with X, then Y and Z may be a good fit for you, too, depending on your needs.
I previously used Cetaphil religiously. I think I used that product for about seven years. I decided a couple months ago to look into different facial cleansers because I felt my skin had become somewhat immune to it, so I tried a few new products, and I started breaking out like crazy; I broke out on my cheeks, along my hairline, on my chin, everywhere. It was so frustrating! Even with using my Walnut Complexion Scrub, the blemishes would still come back (because you're not supposed to exfoliate every day). I almost went back to Cetaphil, but I decided to try an Ole Henriksen product since I love the Walnut Scrub so much, and I am so glad I did.
I've rounded up my favorite Ole Henriksen products below. Honestly, y'all, these products are amazing. As a blogger I like to experiment with new lines and product so I can share my results with you all, but I am certain these will stay in my mix of beauty products for a very, very long time.
I'm listing these in order of use, with the Walnut Scrub last because I use it two to three times per week.
1. Empower Foaming Milk Cleanser. I use this after I take my makeup off with Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Remover Wipes. I love this cleanser because it gets the job done but it's gentle enough to use every day twice a day. It's very calming, it smells great, and the milk aspect to it makes my skin feel incredibly soft. I feel like my face is legitimately cleansed after using this, and I don't always feel that way with other cleansers.
2. Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster. Disclaimer: this stuff is pricey. But, there's a reason it's pricey. This serum is enriched with Vitamin C, green tea extract and grapefruit extract to firm the skin, work against fine lines, lighten dark spots, even complexion and support natural collagen production. The reviews on this product speak for themselves. This stuff works. I use this right before I use my moisturizer, which just happens to be...
3. Truth Creme Vitamin C Advanced Hydration. This is the perfect follow-up to the serum because they're from the same line of products. It's a light moisturizer, so it doesn't feel like you're dousing your face in lotion. I know many people who say they do not use moisturizer because they don't like the heavy feeling they get from it, but this product does not feel heavy whatsoever, yet it still gets the job done. P.S. It's so important to moisturize.
4. Daytime: Total Truth Vitamin C Eye Cream. Another product from the Total Truth line, this one works wonders, as well. I use this after I moisturize. The skin around and underneath your eyes is extremely sensitive, and it's important to use a cream that is specifically made for the eye area instead of using your daily moisturizer. This creme is armed with SPF 15, and not only does it de-puff, it actually works against fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Nighttime: Ultimate Lift Eye Gel. I LOVE this stuff. From the smell, to the cooling effect, to the results I've seen so far, I love it all. It works overnight to diminish the appearance of lines and puffiness. I used to wake up with scary eyes (yes, scary), but now I wake up and my eyes feel completely refreshed. I can't recommend this stuff enough.
6. Walnut Complexion Scrub. Last but not least, my exfoliant. This product is so great that my husband will use it when he needs to combat a pimple. I use it two or three times a week depending on the quality of my skin that week. I love how it feels as I am scrubbing and especially after. My skin is never softer than when I use this scrub. I've posted about this before, and people have told me they bought it and absolutely love it, as well.
There you have it! My new obsession with Ole Henriksen. This skincare regime makes getting ready for bed fun because I love the effects I see immediately and over time (and the smells are incredible). Which of these products are you dying to try? Any others I should know about? Let me know! And if you purchase any of these, I'd love to hear what you think!